Inserts for Honeycomb Panels
Clarendon Specialty Fasteners is an EN/AS9100 manufacturer of inserts commonly used in honeycomb panels. Parts are produced in Meßstetten in the south of Germany.
We manufacture inserts to aerospace standards (NAS1832, NAS1833, NAS1834, NAS1835, NAS1836, NAS1837, DIN) and customer specials made to custom drawings and specifications with full aerospace traceability.
Parts are supplied with full aerospace traceability and test reports, and are manufactured in compliance with REACH regulation and DFARS requirements.
Materials and Finishing
- Standard Materials
Steel, CRES (Stainless Steel) and Aluminium
- Standard Finishing
CAD Plated, Passivation, Anodized, Silver
Plating and Molikote
- Special Materials
Titanium, Ultem and other aerospace grade
- Tabs made to NAS1837 Standard
Available in Plastic or Aluminium
- Option to have tabs mounted to inserts
Pre-installed tabs ready to be used in the assembly line
- Custom Made Tabs
Available in right-angle shape for corner applications
How to Install a Potted Insert
- DRILL HOLE IN WORKING MATERIAL TO INSERT DIAMETER.
- ENLARGE OPENING WITH UNDERCUTTING TOOL. A MINIMUM OF 0.040 INCHES/ 1 MM OF CLEARANCE IS RECOMMENDED; AROUND AND BELOW INSERT.
- INJECT POTTING COMPOUND THROUGH HOLES ON INSTALLATION TAB UNTIL COMPOUND SPILLS OUT OTHER END.
REMOVE INSTALLATION TAB. INSERT TO BE FLUSH WITH THE SURFACE AND IS READY TO BE USED ONCE POTTING COMPOUND IS CURED.