Thorough Inspection Procedures
Clarendon Specialty Fasteners has strict inspection procedures to ensure the supply of high quality products with maximum customer satisfaction.
In-house product inspection:
- GRN inspection of components
- Initial manufacture run - 'first off' inspection carried out
- If parts pass through first inspection, full quantity is manufactured and final inspection carried out.
- Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
- First Off Sample retention & Master Sample references;
- First Off approval against Control Plans;
- Hourly In-process checks;
- Visual Inspection via Microscope;
- Non-contact critical dimension measurement via Keyence Optical Comparator;
- Final Independent Quality Release.
Externally manufactured/purchased product inspection:
- Goods in inspection
- Parts checked to drawing
- Parts cleared for production assembly.
Want to find out more?
First Article Inspection Reports are carried out for newly introduced items or items that have been changed after an ECN (engineering change notice).
Items are checked to ensure they meet customer requirements and reports are available upon request.
If changes are made to products that have been subject to a first article inspection after a two year period, a new FAI Report is required.
Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
- SEMs Design
- Product Drawing / CAD Model creation
- Design- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (D-FMEA)
- Process-Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (P-FMEA)
- Control Plan
- UKAS Calibrated measurement equipment
- Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA)
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Monitoring of product Process Capability (Cp) and Process Capability Index (Cpk)
- First Article Inspection Reports (FAIR)
- Dimensional Test Results (DTR)
- Part Quality Standard (PQS)
- Packing Specification
- Part Submission Warrant (PSW)
Do you have a PPAP requirement?
Did you know we're AS / EG 9100 approved?
Visit our Quality page for more information.